Latest version of Upland Software’s top-down PPM application aims to drive user adoption and increase productivity
Austin, TX, June 17, 2014 — Upland Software, Inc., a leading provider of cloud enterprise work management applications, today announced the immediate availability of PowerSteering Spring 2014, the latest release of its application for top-down project and portfolio management (PPM).
PowerSteering is one of the only cloud PPM applications designed to support top-down program and portfolio management. It enables executives in IT, New Product Development, Process Excellence, and PMOs (project management offices) to improve portfolio-level visibility and insight without requiring the management of granular task and resource details.
The new release makes PowerSteering the latest Upland product to incorporate the Upland Experience user interface, which delivers a clean look-and-feel and streamlined navigation scheme to provide a consistent, intuitive user experience across all of Upland’s applications. The new user interface is the most significant design refresh of PowerSteering in more than five years, and aims to dramatically increase overall usability, adoption, and end-user productivity. Based on modern UI design principles, it features intuitive organization, better screen utilization, and fewer clicks to execute common actions.
The new UI is complemented by numerous other enhancements in the release with a focus on usability:
- An improved Quick Search capability that offers predictive results as users type, making it both faster and easier for users to find what they need.
- A new My Favorites capability that enhances end user navigation and usability.
- Improved Page History management, so customers can quickly return to previously visited projects and other pages.
- An intelligent Quick Menu that keeps the most frequently used items at the user‘s fingertips.
PowerSteering Spring 2014 also extends the application’s capabilities in portfolio management and analysis by introducing dozens of additional improvements, including:
- New financial capabilities for enterprise customers to mass copy and lock financial metrics. This saves time and distributes capabilities to financial administrators throughout the organization.
- New and improved “Restful” API support, to make it easier to implement third party and customer integrations. This also provides support for the Upland integration platform and future out of the box integrations.
- Exchange Rate Projections, so customers with complex currency requirements can now save versions of the exchange rate for planned verse actual reporting.
- Customers using retail calendars or other non-standard fiscal calendars can align their periodic scheduled reports and status reports to the cadence of their fiscal calendar.
- Many improvements to the online help documentation, including improved online access to Release Notes.
- Dashboard and system performance improvements to support larger implementations.
“The new PowerSteering Spring release will help us continue the momentum we experienced in 2013,” said Doug Riseberg, PowerSteering’s General Manager and VP of Client Services for Upland Software. “The new user interface provides for rapid adoption by organizations looking for top-down PPM to accelerate their Process Excellence, New Product Development and IT Governance initiatives.”
About Upland Software, Inc.
Upland is a leading provider of cloud enterprise work management software. We are helping transform how work gets done with a family of applications that better align resources with business objectives and increase visibility, governance and collaboration, resulting in better productivity and business agility. From strategic planning to work execution, Upland helps more than 1,200 enterprise customers with 300,000 active users in over 50 countries drive results in critical business functions such as information technology, marketing, finance, professional services, and process excellence. For more information, visituplandsoftware.com.
PowerSteering combines the robust project and portfolio management (PPM) functionality demanded by global organizations with the cost & speed-to-value benefits of cloud delivery and an unmatched level of flexibility. Easy to use and administer, it enables top-down program & portfolio management without requiring granular task & resource tracking, and provides class-leading analytic and financial tracking capabilities. Leading global organizations, including PepsiCo, Ecolab, Staples, the US Department of Defense, and the UK National Health Service, rely on PowerSteering to accelerate results in IT, New Product Development, Process Excellence and Business PMOs. PowerSteering is part of the Upland Software family of cloud enterprise work management applications. Visit powersteeringsoftware.com for more information.
# # #
For additional information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org